Small software doesn’t mean that they are bad. Here’s a list of small (Under 1 MegaByte) Windows applications that are really useful for everyday work on Windows. All this software is freeware or open source.
1. Everything (334Kb) – A great desktop search tool. if you don’t like slow MS indexers this is tool for you. Everything indexes your drive contents quickly and finds files-as-you-type.
2. Launchy (408Kb) -Small app launcher.
3. VirtuaWin (385Kb) – Multiple virtual desktops manager. Keep your workspace organized.
4. FastCopy (194Kb) – It helps you copying and moving large amounts of files.
5. MWSnap (643Kb) – Powerful Windows program for snapping (capturing) images from selected parts of the screen.
6. Notepad2 (256KB) – Notepad-like text editor with syntax highlighting. This program can be run out of the box without installation, and does not touch your system’s registry.
7. 7-Zip (1MB) - File archiver with a high compression ratio.
8. NetMeter (290Kb) – Simple NetMeter showing up and download.
9. Unlocker (252Kb) – If you ever got message “Cannot delete Folder of File “. Unlocker is the solution.
10. UltraDefrag (374Kb) – Defrag tool helps keep your hard drive running like clockwork.
11. Evil Player (537Kb) -Audio player that supports all the major formats and streams.Read More
Free Commander is a great replacement for the standard Windows Explorer file manager. It is a dual-panel file explorer with many additional features. It has all the standard file management operations and it can be used to compare directories, display folder sizes, synchronize folders and more. It also has a build-in support for compressed archives, which you can look as a normal folder and search inside them. It has a FTP support which makes it more than just a file manager. Free Commander is freeware.
Homepage: http://www.freecommander.comRead More
You can easily create your own screen saver from your images.Read More
Most of the steps for maintaining your personal computer are generally very easy to perform.Read More
If you are using Windows XP from a long time then you are most likely to experience the problem of slow shut down. If you are wondering why we all face this problem then the answer lies in the registry keys of the Windows XP.Read More